Size
Font Family

Chapter 1 : I Turned Around in Disbelief at the Cliché Line 'Let's Break Our Engagement' and It Was My Foolish Twin Brother

"Minerva Augusta. I am breaking off my engagement to you as of today!"

The royal palace was hosting a night party, where nobles dressed in gowns and formal wear gathered under the glow of brilliant chandeliers. The venue fell into an uproar following that loud declaration.

(....Engagement annulment? Hah. I can't believe there's actually someone who says such a cliché line. I used to read those kinds of books a lot... hm?)

Cyril Louzer felt something strange about his own thoughts.

(Did I say 'used to'? I don't remember reading any books...)

A shock raced through his brain, and the ground beneath his feet swayed.

(W-Wait. I see...)

Something like a revolving lantern of memories raced through Cyril's mind. Rows of tall buildings he recognized. A boss who never got along with him. The headlights of a truck rushing toward him at high speed.

"--!"

He made a loud clatter! He instinctively grabbed a nearby table, knocking over a glass in the process.

"Are you alright? Are you injured?"

A nearby attendant rushed over. Cyril shook his head in response.

"I'm fine. No problem."

(....I see. I've been reincarnated.)

Holding his still-aching head, he looked around and compared the scene with his own memories.

(I am Cyril Louzer. The second son of the Duke of Louzer... what a strange feeling.)

It was an unpleasant sensation, where the memories of his previous life and the memories after reincarnation merged. Even in his previous life, he hadn't been easily shaken by changes. For now, he accepted the 'reincarnation' more lightly than expected and looked for the person who had just uttered that cliché line.

(I read a mountain of those in my previous life. Other-world stories.)

His sister had gotten hooked first, and he had fallen for them as well after she recommended them.

(I can't believe someone actually says that. This is a party hosted by the Imperial Family.)

He followed the gazes of those around him, wanting to see the face of the idiot causing such a scene. When he saw the person everyone was looking at, Cyril was surprised. It was a person with the same face as himself.

(Oh boy. If it isn't my foolish older brother.)

Alex Louzer. Cyril's twin brother.

Alex pulled the young lady beside him closer.

"As I thought, the daughter of a mere Viscount is unnecessary for the House of Louzer. Besides, I've heard that you've been persistently harassing Lady Lilia recently out of jealousy over how close she and I are."

Looking at the lady clinging to his foolish brother's arm, Cyril was appalled. Lady Lilia Thanatos, the daughter of a Count. She had fluffy, swaying pink hair and was wearing a dress with a lot of exposure.

(Could it be that he wants to break the engagement with Lady Minerva to get engaged to Lady Lilia instead?)

No matter how you look at it, Lady Lilia seemed to have a problematic personality.

Lady Lilia opened her mouth while trembling.

"Because I am close with Lord Alex, I must have made Lady Minerva feel uncomfortable. Lord Alex, I am so sorry...."

Alex, the foolish brother, embraced the teary-eyed Lady Lilia. And he did this right in the middle of the party venue, under everyone's gaze.

Cyril held his head in his hands. His foolish brother continued to speak.

"I'll make you pay for the harassment you put my timid Lilia through."

(A lady who presses her chest against him like that can't possibly be timid.)

She pressed her ample chest against him as much as possible, and while his foolish brother glared at Lady Minerva, he couldn't hide the fact that he was drooling.

It was truly unsightly.

(What on earth are we being forced to watch?)

Because of the crowd, he couldn't see the state of Lady Minerva, who was the main point. He couldn't just leave her, as she was the biggest victim here.

(I have memories of my previous life, but I also have memories as Cyril. This is a disgrace to the family. Enough to make me want to die of shame.)

Though he didn't want to step out because of the embarrassment, Cyril headed toward the center. Then, he let out a voice full of contempt.

"....Brother, please stop this already."

He stepped in between the foolish couple and Lady Minerva. Alex's eyes widened.

"Y-You, Cyril? What did you just say?"

(Has he gone deaf too?)

"Have you gone deaf as well? I said, please stop this already."

He ended up saying exactly what he thought. He tried to insult him as politely as possible, making the insult as deep as possible.

Alex's mouth was hanging open.

(What is there to be so surprised about? --Ah.)

Cyril realized why his foolish brother was so surprised. A few minutes ago—before he remembered his previous life—Cyril had not been this kind of person. To those who knew the previous Cyril, seeing him stand in public and boldly voice his opinion to his brother was like a bolt from the blue.

If Alex was the foolish older brother, Cyril was the foolish younger brother.

An arrogant and lustful eldest son, and a timid and fragile second son. Cyril had been a shut-in who rarely even left the mansion, let alone entered social circles. Because he had been oppressed by his brother since childhood, he spoke in a hesitant, small voice and had spent a dark childhood with poor social skills.

The nobles of the Empire were worried about the future of the House of Louzer because of these two brothers. There were even those who were eyeing the position of the second-highest rank in the Empire, as there were only two Ducal houses.

However, Alex, the foolish brother, possessed charisma. For better or worse, he attracted people. Lady Minerva Augusta, the daughter of a Viscount, was assigned as his spouse because she was seen as someone who could guide him well. She had entered the Academy as the top student and specialized in business administration.

adda

Notification